Monday, January 24, 2011

Day in Review - Return of the Ghost and New Kids on the Block Are Still Cool

Monday again?  Seems like it comes faster each week!

A few announcements - I am feeling SO much better today after my workout mania over the weekend.  I am barely sore at all. So much, in fact, I may go again tomorrow! 

If you want to read a wonderful post on fatherhood, check out this post from my friend, Adam - Throwing Quarters It will make you say "Awwww" and make you hungry...

I have a confession...As I have said before, I have an old man crush on Wolf Blitzer...I think he may be getting replaced though....as I was watching everyone's favorite CNN anchor, Brooke Baldwin today, she did an interview with Piers Morgan...and I fell in love. (Not with Brooke, with Piers) 

 Last announcement...My now infamous, hilarious posting Why I am Still Single  has gone semi-viral! It has been mentioned on other blogs and has helped me almost reach 1000 views.  Lets hit it today!  Thanks to all who read and share this. (PS...if you want to share it, click the Facebook or Twitter buttons on the right side of the page.)

Now on to the regularly scheduled post...

Do you remember the issue I was having a few weeks ago with the weird dreams and mysterious scratches?  (Look here if you need a review: Day in Review - 308745538) Well, the dreams have continued since then, but no odd instances...until today!

This is a true story: If you read this blog regularly, you know I have a dog named Chloe. She is small and during the winter, I like to keep her in sweaters for warmth (They are cute too.  I give you permission to make fun of me for this). Last night, I went to bed normally and Chloe snuggled in next to me...with her sweater on. Eventually I fell into a slumber. When I woke up this morning, Chloe was sitting on the bed...all white and naked...no sweater. I didn't think much of it at the time, assuming it just came off during the night and was lost somewhere in the 5 blankets on the bed. About an hour later, she came out of the bedroom and did her "I have to go outside dance", so I went in the bedroom to find the sweater...not there. I lifted off the blankets, layer by layer...shook them out...threw them in a pile on the floor...no sweater.  Finally, getting down to the flannel sheets, I took those off too...no sweater. Frustrated at this, I just put one of her little coats on her, we went outside, she did her business and we came back upstairs. I then went on a frantic search for the sweater...I lifted all the blankets up again, looked under the bed, under the pillows, looked in her crate, looked on the couch, under the couch, under the desk, in the kitchen...all of her favorite little spots...no sweater...so I went back to work.

Throughout the day I would take little breaks, and ultimately would end up looking for the sweater...it is really bothering me, if you can't tell. Seriously...I do not live in a mansion...I live in a one bedroom apartment. There are not a lot of places this sweater can be...it is just GONE. I have looked for it all day, hoping for a happy conclusion, but alas, there is none. I am blaming the ghost....I just wish the ghost would bring that sweater back...it looked so cute!

Speaking of cute...how was I the only one to not know Jonathan Knight of NKOTB was gay???  I randomly saw a Twitter post about it today and, though I wasn't shocked, I felt like a bad New Kids fan! This apparently became public knowledge 2 years ago, though it was never confirmed. 2 YEARS???  I guess they did fall out of the spotlight there for awhile, but I am usually on it when it comes to NKOTB news.  I loved the group then, I love them now.  I am actually trying to swindle some tickets to their upcoming concert with the Backstreet Boys. Anyone want to go if I am successful?  I am proud of Jonathan though...I think more celebs should come out...you KNOW there are TONS out there...be real people! 

New Kids on the Block was actually my first real concert...I remember it well...and the incident that happened at that concert...where I got in big time trouble...maybe I will share it with you all one day....

4 comments:

gnet said...

I didn't know he was gay! He was the one I loved the most! I have an extra ticket for the concert by the way. I bought six and only 3 confirmed people going as of now. Let me know if you want one of them. They are nosebleed seats.

Adan said...

Yeah Tiffany totally outed him on Bravo, Watch what happens next....live.

I love what he posted on his twitter feed, "I am devasted....i can't believe i don't remember doing facials."

classic!

Cletis said...

Krista, don't feel bad. I was devastated when I found out Liberace was gay. Who knew?

When my son was young, I had a baby bottle vanish. I tossed it on the floor, watched it land and settle, changed his diaper, looked around to pick up the bottle...well somewhere there's a baby bottle wearing a dambn cute dog sweater.

Never saw it again.

Cletis said...

damn not dambn