Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day in Review - I Wonder What the Neighbors Think....

Cold and snowy day in Cleveland. I got about 6 inches of snow at my place. The poor dog is having a heck of a time going "potty" outside.  Luckily she has big ears, so I was able to see her when she fell in some sort of random divot today.  She is Ok, don't worry. She did have to have a sweater change though.

Walking dogs in the snow is tough.  I walked two today, in addition to my own, both big, furry and loving the snow on the ground. After I fell for the 2nd time, I said hell with it and came home. Now my ass hurts, but I am warm, comfortable and there is no snow in here. This is just a warning about karma....I laughed at my mom for falling yesterday, so of course, today, I fall twice.

Speaking of dogs...and attempting to not sound too insane, I was thinking today about how much I talk to my dog. I always say good morning to her when she wakes up, I ask her if she wants to go outside and if she wants to eat. She always comes into the bathroom with me and we have deep conversations about life (That's a joke...I don't spend that long in the bathroom)....

Just off the top of my head today I told her how harebrained I think Sarah Palin is, I told her it is was very snowy and cold out, I told her to stop licking the carpet (she has an obsessive-compulsive thing where she walks around the whole house licking rugs and the carpet on the floor), I told her she absolutely could not take her Platypus outside with her (She had her favorite toy, "Platty" in her mouth as we were walking out the door) and I had to take my calcium because it is good for my bones (She was begging, thinking it was a treat).

Now am I the only one who does this? Should I seek professional assistance?  This led me to wonder if my neighbors can hear the one-sided conversation that goes on in my apartment...do they hear random snippets as I am standing by the door?

"No! You can't take your platypus!"  - Possibly the first time this sentence has been said in the history of the world.
Platty the Platypus

"STOP LICKING THE CARPET!!"  - I don't even want to know what they are thinking on that one...

"ARRGHHHHH  What are you thinking, Sarah Palin?!?!?!?" - Obviously this sentence has been written many times in the history of the world.

"Wolf Blitzer is a cute guy!" - Sue me...I have some kind of old man crush on Wolf...

"HA HA HA HA HA HA" - Me TOTALLY laughing out loud with a huge guffaw at a movie the other night ("Sorority Boys"...it was hilarious....check it out if you have the chance).

So looking at these independent quotes, it does make me wonder what the neighbors think...luckily there is no one across the hall at the moment, but I dare say, at some point in the near future, I will have new neighbors.

Perhaps I should make some cookies for them so at least I have a good first impression...then it can all go to hell in a hand basket.

5 comments:

Cletis said...

"I told her to stop licking the carpet (she has an obsessive-compulsive thing where she walks around the whole house licking rugs and the carpet on the floor)"

Whatever you do, don't leave the picture of that guy's penis where the dog can get to it.

I love your writing and I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog. Drop by our place and read the Creative Sunday posts. On Sunday, we only publish short stories, poetry, etc.

There are six of these Sunday posts thus far. Please read them and I believe you will like what you see. If you would like to post your creative work, please leave a comment to that effect. Honestly, I'm not interested in showing a photo of any sort. I make Wolf Blitzer look like a college boy so sex at my age is like shooting pool with a rope.

You have a wopnderful spark in your writing and your very funny. Please drop by and hopefully we can post some of your writing.

Cletis said...

"Your" should be "you're" in the previous post's last section. I told you Im old.

Confessionista said...

@ Cletis. Wow! Thank you so much! I will definitely check out your site. I am very glad you found the blog too and I promise not to show my poor little dog any penis pictures...that reminds me, I should delete it from my phone in case it gets into the wrong hands...

Cletis said...

You must be a lovely girl.

Confessionista said...

I try my best!