Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day in Review - "Frenemies"

Hello out there! I really enjoy mellow days like today. Of course, with me, it was mellow until I started thinking...I think I may have some Frenemy...

This thought appeared after a few hours of waiting for a response to an e-mail I sent last night to a friend of mine. I finally heard back and the response was strange. We have always had an unspoken rivalry, but this time, it really got me thinking...perhaps she is not a friend...but a frenemy!

This just may not be my day for friends. I actually sent a few messages out today...heard back from 1/5. That is just not a good score in my book. If I think harder about this, I realize there are a few people out there who I have considered friends who have been acting very sketchy these days.

Hmmm. Let's be honest. If you don't like me any more, if I have offended you, if you don't think I am cool enough for you or I am just not worth your precious time, please be an adult and let me know. If you want to silently un-friend me on Facebook or block me on Twitter...please do it. I promise I won't cry. I promise I won't bash you in a public arena or announce any deep dark secrets of yours to the world. I will survive, I will go on living and I will be thankful for the times I spent with you, but I guarantee I will be able to raise my head tomorrow and live my life.

In a segue from friends to guys...which are my friends as well, but not as "girly", I have something to say to those few men who are consistently trying to text/e-mail me to go out with them...if I do not write back...I am NOT INTERESTED IN YOU!!!!! I realize one of them is my own fault since my friend Laurel (not a frenemy) was not watching me carefully enough on my birthday and I got a bit grabby with this guy, but if you send someone 10 texts and they never write back, take a hint...and before you call me out on not contacting him and being honest (see previous paragraph) , I have told him TWICE I am not interested.

Two other gentleman have been incessently messaging me on a certain dating site I happen to be subscribed to. Again...I have politely messaged them both and said "Thanks, but no Thanks". So what do they do? Keep sending me messages!!!! I don't want them! I don't want you! I think you are ugly! Seriously...I wish I could say that and not feel bad about it.

There IS however, a very cute guy I have been talking to...I may be into him, in fact...though I may be robbing the cradle because he is a bit younger than me...Ok...7 year younger...but it can't hurt to have a little fun, right?

On that note, I am out...could be an interesting few days in the political arena coming up. I will be watching...

Oh! One more thing! My ticket! I still haven't heard anything about my appeal, but I asked my dad over the weekend if he would help me fight it to the Supreme Court if I had to. He looked at me and said "I'd rather just give you the $25 to pay it"....Ahhh....the things my Dad says....


Adding some Breaking News! Apparantly Arnold Schwarzenegger was hit with a parking ticket in LA...we have something in common! I wonder if his was warranted or he got hit by a FALSE ACCUSATION like myself...

No comments: