Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend in Review....Why I am Still Single and the Bridget Jones Rhetoric

Happy Monday! I had a great weekend. My Aunt Debi and Uncle Dan were in town from New Mexico and we had some long over due family time. It was wonderful to spend time with them and I look forward to them moving closer to home in the future.

Now the rest of the weekend, basically the day we call "Sunday", wasn't nearly as enjoyable.
Note: I will attempt to keep the rest of the post as "PG-13" as I can. It will border on "adult" content...

Many of my friends are married, or "Smug Marrieds" as Bridget Jones would say. I, however, and a smaller number of my friends are "Singletons", or "unmarried and romantically unattached". For those of you "Smug Marrieds" who ask us "Singletons" why we remain "Singletons"...read on...

As I have mentioned in this blog, I have been "talking" to a guy for the past few weeks. This basically consists of talking on the phone, e-mail, texting, Yahoo Messenger, etc. We had gone out on a date a few months ago, but I found him a little immature and felt something just wasn't right. As you know, we re-connected a few weeks ago and I finally decided, Yes, I will see him again for another date. He was very excited, and I admit, I was looking forward to it as well. He is definitely attractive and didn't seem to have any major issues I would say is not compatible with myself....until he sent this message to me....

(Copied from my Yahoo Messenger History)

Him: "I don't know if I told you, but I have an 11 inch penis"
Me: "Thanks for the info. I think that is kind of inappropriate though at this point in the relationship"
Him: "I am really sorry. I don't know why I said that."
Me: "It's fine, I just don't know why guys do that. It is kind of annoying."
Him: "I know. I shouldn't have done it."
Me: "No, you shouldn't have. That is a "date killer" for me. What makes you think I care about your "size"?"
Him: "I don't know...I am really sorry, again. I won't mention it again"
Me: "Thanks. I have to go write an article"
Him: "Are you mad?"
Me: "Annoyed, yes, but you appologized, said you wouldn't do it again, so I am cool"
Him: "Ok..good. Well text me later"
Me: "Ok."

Signed off at this point....went back to work.

10 minutes later, I get a text...I check it...it's from him...it says "I wanna do something rash that I can't take back once its done but I don't wanna offend you I guess I have to take a chance and hope for the best"

1 minute later....a picture message....

Yes...you guessed it....a picture of his....you know what....manhood?!?!?!

Now I pause to tell you, just a few weeks ago, my friend Laurel and I were just talking about how guys have some fascination for sending penis pics.  Seriously...I have dated a lot of men...and though there are the rare cases where you can get through the first or second date without any mention of the word "penis",  it seems for the majority, you get that penis pic. I thought it was just me, until Laurel said one of the guys she was talking to did the same thing!  I could probably cover my wall with them if I wanted to. (If I saved them!) I also feel the need to mention there were absolutely NO pictures of ANY part of my anatomy sent to anyone, so obviously, I wasn't asking for them.

Of course, I BBM'd (Blackberry Messaged) her as soon as I saw the photo. A feverish BBM session took place between Laurel and I discussing what I should say and how to handle this. Meanwhile, I got two calls and one text from the guy in question asking if he "messed up" by sending that picture.

Um.......

YES! 

I sent him a quick e-mail this morning saying "Sorry, but I am not into this...blah, blah, blah"

So to the "Smug Marrieds"...you now know why my "Singleton" friends and I are still "Singletons". THIS is what we are dealing with out in the dating world. I have too much respect for myself to be treated like that. It is highly inappropriate in my opinion and I don't care to see your penis without even properly dating first. Though it does seem possible that you can meet nice guys out there, I have seen it with my own eyes, it seems like the guys that find me are A) Quasimodo's twin brother B) Divorced with 6 kids C) Attractive but only after the physical relationship or D) Saying they are looking for something real, then send a picture of their penis after talking for 15 minutes.

Are there good guys left? If you know someone around my age who does not fit into those categories, send them my way...until then, I will stick with the "Singletons"...and if anyone wants to see the picture, let me know...I will pass it on...

5 comments:

Adan said...

I am rather proud to say that I never snapped a photo of my junk and felt the need to send it to someone.

Amazing the gall some men have.

Confessionista said...

Adam, I am very thankful there are good guys out there that DON'T send photo's of their junk....

Vodka Logic said...

Wow... that would be a deal breaker for me as well..

Of course when I was dating there weren't even computers let alone cell phones and texting.

Laura

Leah said...

I was married ONCE. That was enough. I've been a "singleton" again for 28 years and I have experienced exactly what you describe in every case and have NO desire to be married again and have now completely given up on dating. I'm done with all the jerks out there....I'm glad to hear it's not just me....I thought I was a jerk magnet! Thanks for clearing that up. Although I have had a lot of fun with the penis picture sent to me!!!!

gnet said...

I went out with a guy once that thought it was appropriate to just whip it out randomly on our first date. Yeah, that was the last date!
Shortly after that I met my husband on match.com. He refrained from showing off his junk :)

oh, inquiring minds want to know... Was the douchebag over estimating? ;)