Monday, January 3, 2011

Day in Review - "Death Threats and Repeal...All in a Day's Work"

Welcome to 2011. Of course this is only the 3rd day of the year, but thus far, it has been wonderful! Hilarity is ensuing in both the entertainment world as well as in politics today, as you know, two of my favorite things. Let's get on with it, shall we?




"Death Threats Against Disney Star" - Now I would normally never take the time of day to even acknowledge that Justin Bieber exists, but today is a special day! Why? If you haven't heard, he is allegedly dating Disney star Selena Gomez. Now they have not confirmed this, but lets just say for the sake of this blog, they are dating.



Over New Year’s Eve weekend, the Biebs and Selena were photographed getting pretty cuddly in St. Lucia. As a normal adult, many will say “Awww” or “Puke”, but some members of the “Bieber Brigade” are furious at this news. Though the two stars fan bases do overlap, Selena Gomez has been getting some pretty hate filled responses to this latest developments in the story.

Some classic tweets about this are:

“"Omg I hate Selena Gomez She took my man!” (Newsflash to the author of this tweet…Justin was not your man, nor will he ever be your man. Get over it. Jordan Knight, as much as I wanted him to be, was never my boyfriend and I survived the trauma.)

“Selena Gomez is a bitch” (Simple, but effective)

“im still crying.... over Selena and Justin” (Poor girl...get a box of tissues and the number of a therapist STAT)

“I will KILL Selena Gomez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” (Oh! You will? 25 to Life sounds good for all with "Bieber Fever" to me)

“You are going to die if you do not leave justin It is true XD” (Yikes! If I were Selena Gomez right now I would be afraid...*note sarcasm*)


Since I cannot bear to search for any more of these gems, I will trust you get the idea of what is going on in the 11-15 ish age group tonight.


"Congress Returns With A Repeal" - The 112th Congress has not officially even started yet but my favorite true life soap opera is already in full swing. The quick story on this is the GOP wants to repeal the well known Health Care bill which was signed, sealed and delivered in late 2010. Though it is true, they are sending a message here...it is kind of funny they think they can actually do this! I hope the GOP isn't doing this with a lot of seriousness. Though I love making fun of them, I would certainly hope they have more brains in their heads than to think they can repeal this. Have they heard of veto power?


In closing tonight, I want to send a shout out to my friend Eileen and wish her a Happy Birthday! I am sorry it had to fall on "The World Hates Selena Gomez Day".


I also want to invite anyone who likes to discuss and post information online to check out a website I am currently pimping - http://libetisocial.com/question It's cool, it's fun and needs to get off the ground!

No comments: