Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day in Review - Some May Say I'm a Dreamer

 Lets have a blog post, shall we?  How is everyone out there?  Excellent, I hope! I have been busy, but I am happy to report I have been busy for a reason!  For those of you who don't know, I have signed on to a big writing project. For the first time EVER, writing is bringing in a majority of my income.  It's a huge step and an exciting thing for me. I am learning a lot and focusing on some skills that can take me far. (SEO anyone?)

Besides writing, I have been up to few other things and having some random ideas. Maybe it's all good...you know, that creative process...

Anywho...Chloe and I are adjusting to living with each other again.  She was gone for almost two weeks on vacation at my parents house (You know...Sarah and Todd...) and I was babysitting another dog. Once she came home she brought visitors.  Two chihuahuas...I was watching my "sisters" Maggie and Tia...I know I have mentioned them before. They are the chihuahua's that have taken the place of my sister and I in my parents home. They are fat, mean and bark too much, but as their designated babysitter and older sister, I try to have patience with them. This time, however...my patience hit it's breaking point. 

Maggie, Tia and Chloe (L-R)


See...normally Maggie is a good girl and Tia is the problem child. However, this time the tables were turned....Long story short, I was in the bathroom beautifying myself (I know...I don't need to...). Tia and Chloe were wrestling with each other on the floor. I finished up my hair (Chloe and Tia still next to me)...took two steps outside of the bathroom...and it hit me...I smelled dog poop. 

I slowly walked into the living room, following the putrid scent and what do I see?  This....

Yes...that is POOP on my shoes!!!!!

 As you can see from the picture above, this was not an ideal situation. I honestly didn't know if I should laugh or cry. (I decided on both.) I immediately took this picture and sent to to my mom to show her what her sweet little dog did...as a side note, if you look closely there is a dark area in the upper left hand corner of the photo...that is PEE.  As soon as she shit on my shoe, she squatted and pissed right next to it...

For those of you wondering if I was abusing her by not taking her outside, she gone out approximately an hour before this...peed and pooped!  This was spite, I tell you...SPITE!


Now that I have that off my chest and the chihuahua's out of my home, it is just Chloe and I again.  I think she is on a hunger strike because I won't feed her moist food (I think it gives her diarrhea) but she gets it when she visits her grandparents. (They don't have to clean up her poop with a little baggie!) Apparently she feels the Beneful I supply in Lakewood isn't good enough for her Caesar refined palate. (She is giving me the stink eye now because I asked her if she liked it.  Maybe I should change her food)  Has anyone else noticed a poop theme tonight?

Moving away from poop...I had an awesome idea today.  My Aunt Debi lives in Albuquerque and I really want to go see her. I was looking at flights last night and the absolute cheapest I could find was $278 plus tax, so at least $300, plus spending money once I get there.  That's a lot for a struggling, but fabulous writer...enter FABULOUS idea...have you heard of those people who do things and go on these adventures like blogging their way across America?  Well I could take a road trip to Albuquerque and blog it! I could take Chloe and a random friend like Pippa Middleton and blog our adventures...you know, we would stop at places like the biggest ball of twine, etc.  I think it's a great idea!  All I need is a sponsor!  Anyone interested?  :)

Two more things before I sign off...I want to give a big shout out to my girl Jeannette for looking over my dating profile...hopefully it will help. So far the only takers I have gotten is a guy who looks like Janet Reno and a guy named "OhioStalion"....

I want to leave you today with a tweet from Joy Behar...love her or hate her, she is witty...this made me choke when I read it I was laughing so hard "Palin told reporters George Washington was her favorite founding father--and Weezie Jefferson was her favorite first lady."

 Til next time, my friends...

6 comments:

Meghan said...

I would love to sponsor you, but unfortunately, I am broke! :( Wish I could help. That IS a FAB idea!

gnet said...

No problem. It was fun! Matt and I miss the thrill of the online hunt. We have been looking over the site together just to virtually people watch! If I find a nice guy who doesn't look like Janet Reno I'll let you know :)

See about adding a donate button on your blog. 5 bucks here, twenty there and you just might end up with enough sponsors to make it work.

Anonymous said...

I know a "kid" who got to go to Italy for FREE because she was writing a paper about an obscure traditional horse race that was held in some small town. She got to stay there for 3 or 4 weeks! It was a college/education thing, she was a student or trying to get her phd or masters (I can't remember all details). So your idea about getting sponsored isn't that far fetched. I mean it's not like she had a bunch of followers or advertisements or anything.

Anyhow..Good luck on your quest. I am in a cash crunch as well. Therefore I also cannot sponsor you!

PS!!! I just remembered about hopping trains!!! I've read about these people (used to be called hobos - but now they are actually people with jobs/homes that just do it for a thrill)...anyhow these ppl jump on trains and get free rides that way. You would have to study up on the train paths and the major freight train hubs. This is public information and available in the library. I think this would be a very EXCITING thing to try. You could eliminate 300 bucks of cost, get to see the country, and have incredible things to blog about!

Cletis said...

Christa, maybe you could get an area paper to sponsor you and you could send back dispatches each day. By the way, what writing job? Also, get your hands on a copy of Ernie Pyle's dispatches from his travels around America before he was a famous war correspondent. I have the book and it is charming and shows the genius of Pyle to note the everyday.

Confessionista said...

To anonymous....excellent suggestions. I have always thought I would be a really good hobo...no joke. Seriously. I am kind of like a tumbleweed....I have always been able to adjust to my surroundings and am very happy on the road.

Confessionista said...

Cletis...thanks for your info and comments as usual....I signed on to a project with a new website. 100's of articles on random topics. I am making some money and learning about growing tomatoes and setting up beehives...you know, stuff that can help me win at bar trivia. It isn't creative writing, but paying the bills for now. Lets get some stories out there...I'm ready.