Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day in Review - Sometimes the Universe is Out to Get You...

I have had a bad week.  No reason to beat around the bush...my week was pretty sucky.  Today was the best day of the week so far and I almost ran out of gas...really...I thought I heard serious sputtering...

I try to stay pretty positive, but my positivity was very much threatened this week and I have seen it like a sort of valley.  Monday was all right...Tuesday was worse...by Wednesday I felt depression trying to take over my brain...today it seems like I may be coming out of this and I am visualizing tomorrow to be better.  Saturday I am going on a "staycation" to my parents house for the holiday weekend.

For the sake of remaining positive, there were some good things that happened.  I worked on a great project that I enjoyed, I got my web page finished up, I got a secret shout out on CNN, Chloe and I have walked for our health every night this week, my tomato plants officially have flowers and I finally got to watch "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

As you see, all has not been bad.  There have been some crap things going on though....I took a class in college and I learned one of the best ways to get over bad things is to write a letter to the things or people that have hurt you.  I shall do that now for a few of them...

Dear City of Cleveland,
I am saddened that you gave me a parking ticket. I felt that our relationship was getting better and stronger, but after this ticket, I think that we are on a sudden decline. According to the stop watch I set on my phone to know how much time I had, I was 1:15 over.  So in that minute and 15 seconds, some Nazi meter maid came upon my car with a fluorescent yellow envelope and ticket.

 I actually don't know if you can remedy this. There is more...unfortunately I have also found that I have wasted 35 cents due to parking meters that simply ate my dimes and nickel. Shall I just send a check for $24.65?

Still Mad At You,
Christa



To the Cadillac that Cut Me Off Today,

Don't be surprised if the next time you do it, the hood of my Honda ends up ramming your ass.

Please Learn to Use Your Turn Signals,
Christa




To the Single Canadian Soldier I Came Upon,
I hope you keep your friends away from me because I am scared of you.  I may pee my pants if I see a swarm. God help me if one actually gets on my person...

Sincerely,
Scared of Bugs (Christa)



To Governor Kasich

Guns in bars?  That's not a disaster waiting to happen or anything....

From,
Concerned Citizen


Hmm...

I think I will try to just focus on the positive.  For instance...Chloe is sitting next to me right now and she is panting because she was just running around the room chasing her annoying toy that sounds like a dying chipmunk or something...her breath smells really bad and it is kind of making me gag a little bit...focusing on the positive though, I will say she looks very cute today in her pink harness.

I will try to be positive in this aspect as well.  I took this great class last week.  Unfortunately it cost me $75 and was 5-6 hours a day, so I didn't get a lot of work done...so I didn't really get paid this week. Again, unfortunately my rent is due in one day and I am a bit short.  Now the positive here is when I get back from my "staycation", I will have $100's of dollars sitting in my account from this project, it just isn't helping me now. Talk about bad timing! At the time I feel that $75 was a good investment to make $100's from this work...at this time I want that $75 back! Of course, I am only thinking in the present, not the future.

I am just going to get over this poopiness.  I have a lot to look forward to...my vacation in Medina, going to see the Cleveland Orchestra for their 4th of July show, my Aunt Debi will be in town in a matter of days, my cousin's wedding is next weekend in Bowling Green (No, I don't have a date and Yes, I will be bunking with Sarah & Todd. I daresay will be sleeping next to my dog sisters Maggie and Tia since they are going too...God help Margarita if she shits on anything of mine) and in just a few more weeks my uncle is visiting from California.Tomorrow is my 5 month anniversary of being tobacco free!

Quote of the Day "''Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously.''

In the "I wish I had thought of this category" - Check this link out. (The Immoral Minority)  I almost choked when I read it.  The Gates of Hell, indeed....

1 comment:

Cletis said...

The universe is impartial. It's the galaxy that has an attitude. Milky's Way or else is her motto.