Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day in Review - What Would Pippa Do?

I want to start this post by saying a huge "THANK YOU!" to all of the people who shared my last post with their friends. I really think it's important to pay attention when you are out and about getting funky and dancing like a rock star....or like Pippa Middleton....

I have become a mini-celebrity on the Facebook page of the establishment where the incident went down.  I made a post about watching your drinks...it was deleted about an hour later, but in the mean time I have gotten several messages asking about the situation and they made a post on their wall about sleazy guys and keeping your drinks close to you. 

I have to say...it was very strange to lose time like that.  Even up to yesterday I was a bit confused about what the date was.  Luckily my mother reminded me about Mother's Day on Sunday! I thought I still had another week.  Speaking of my mother...I will make a quick segue to the Palin family....so who has seen Bristol's face lift?  If she even tries to deny it I will dress up as a clown and walk through Public Square...well wait..we KNOW she is going to deny it, but COME ON!!!!  She looks like she used the same surgeon as Kenny Rogers did.  Jennifer Grey anyone?????

Another thing I miss when I was "not of this world" (though I can't really say where I was!) was the capture of Osama Bin Laden. I have to say, my mom was hilarious...she called me on Tuesday just to make sure I knew about it...honestly though, I had no idea it had happened until midway through my Monday morning! I was PISSSSSSSSED! Not because of it happening, of course, but because I wasn't privy to the breaking news!  For someone who is a humongous news buff, missing the biggest news story of the decade really hurt. 

Another thing I didn't get a chance to mention was my feelings on the royal wedding.  I laughed....at Beatrice's hat....I cried....at the ceremony...and I almost threw up....again, at Beatrice's hat...(they kept showing it).  I admit, I have always been a huge royal fan...I cried when Princess Diana passed away. This was a big day for me and luckily I didn't miss it.  Chloe was a little angry with me though, since I made her get up with me and made her wear a little tiara.  I thought that was a fabulous idea and was going to send the pictures to the Today Show...until I saw 500 pictures of people who had made THEIR dogs wear tiara's too....so I erased them all, sulked and watched the festivities for about 5 hours...

The final thing I need to say is about "Glee"....I know, I know, some of you don't watch it, but seriously...I don't know if I have become more  compassionate or more "feeling" since I was "out of my mind", but it seriously broke my little heart when Santana was singing to Brittany....I don't know why I love them together so much.  I am also a big Finchel fan, so I am of course seeing the potential of them getting back together....Fondue For Two was HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Ok...signing off for now...I have a few things to do before my favorite Thursday night show "True Crime with Aphrodite Jones". 




3 comments:

Cletis said...

You, my dear, are a special spirit. I'm so glad you are well.

Anonymous said...

What channel is the true crime show aired on? TruTV? (fake tv)...

I used to love CourtTV..but now it seems like every show they have on is a "reenactment" (a.k.a. these are actors doing a scene from a story and taking EXTREME artistic liberties with the details. Of course it only says this on a quick/small disclaimer at the very beginning of the show. Why do they need to try and fake people out?

I don't have a problem with forensic files..they don't try and make you think this is the actual footage of the event. I love that show. Why they gotta try an fake me out?

but I love COPS! :)

Thanks for blogging Confessionista!
(did I spell that right?)

Confessionista said...

Cletis...my mom always said I was a special girl. :)

To Anon: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones is on Investigation Discovery...AKA "ID". It basically is like 48 Hours marathons, but they have shows like True Crime, Deadly Women and Wicked Attraction I just can't get enough of.

Also LOVE Forensic Files.