Friday, May 13, 2011

Day in Review – It’s the End of the World and I Feel Fine...

What’s shaking?  We have a lot to discuss tonight!  We can’t even have a real introduction because this blog post is full of nonsense that must be presented to my readers.

Have you heard of Harold Camping? If you don’t know the name, you probably know the voice if you are a random scanner on a car radio. He is the guy that hosts 24 hours a day of Family Radio...a random station that is centered on extremely conservative religious twaddle...He sounds like he is about 157 years old and is one of the people who take the Bible literally. Eye for an eye stuff...anywho...he has “predicted” the end of the world by using an extremely...well, idiotic...way of interpreting the Bible. He claims that God has put the dates of Judgment and the End of Times in the Bible, and man just had to figure it out...Harold, says he is the man who did...after all these centuries, Harold Camping was put on Earth to say God put the exact date of Judgment into the Bible.

Perhaps Harold is unaware that God did not actually write the Bible...

I made a mistake earlier if you have read my Facebook post...I am confident enough in myself to admit if I make a mistake, so I am now confessing....I made a mistake.  The end of the world will not be May 21st, 2011 as I posted on Facebook....that is apparently Judgment Day.  The end of the world will be on October 21st, 2011...just before my birthday.  Really? Neither of them are very convenient days for me to be honest, but since I don’t believe a word of Harold’s musings, it isn’t really making me lose sleep. 

If you know anything about what the Bible says, (I have read it, cover to cover three times...random fact, use it as you will) on Judgment Day, or the Rapture, the chosen people of God will magically be taken to Heaven and those who are left will endure the 7 signs of the Apocalypse. Harold’s website says he will no longer be on Earth, but you should watch his page for blog posts on May 22nd  through October 21st, 2011.  It seems he has recruited a sinner who is on their way to Hell on 10/21 to keep up the blog for him. 

I’m sorry. I cannot continue because I am laughing so hard and may pee myself.  

I will be having a party for my birthday on October 24th, 2011...if you are reading this, you are invited.  For those who are wondering, it will be on Earth, not in Hell.  I sunburn too easily.

Moving on, my friends...

So, you know this post would not be complete without the latest dating news...so I picked up another guy online.  We talked, really got to know each other over the phone, planned to meet....he cancelled...now trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, he DID say he wasn’t totally sure this particular date would work for him...HOWEVER...lets fast forward 4 days...you all know my dear friend, Laurel...I talk about her often.  She sends me a message today...HE MESSAGED HER ON THE DATING SITE!!!!  Of course she didn’t write back or anything, but he and I got into a discussion about it.  He sent me messages all day saying he really wants to see me and I should give him a chance...blah, blah, blah.

Two more things...or four more, but they are small-ish.

I feel the need to let you know that Princess Beatrice’s hat which was famously worn on her head (or attacked her head, in my opinion) during the Royal Wedding is listed on ebay.  Any of you who will not be scooped up on Judgment Day and will be attending my birthday party, feel free to pick it up. I would love it.  Starting bid is $8,229.
Yes...this was serious....
 
I wanted to share this sign I saw today....I couldn’t get a photo, but I was able to do a rendition on my laptop.  It seriously makes me worry for civilization....and for Cleveland...

Just picture this, just as I have it here....on a sign in someone's yard...


Speaking of Cleveland, I really need to recommend the show “Hot in Cleveland”.  It is on TV Land on Wednesday nights at 10:00pm ET. Hi-freakin-larious.  In last night’s 30 minute episode, I laughed out loud 7 times. 

Finally, I need to do some shout outs.  These are a few blogs that I like to read and want to share them with you: 




Check them out!




3 comments:

Meghan said...

vI am glad you are giving him a chance. :-) Also, October 24th is a Monday - are you having your party on a Monday? :-)
-Meghan

Cletis said...

Glad to see you are back. I love this post and your post at my place was very well read. You are a great lady.

Confessionista said...

Thanks Cletis! I am thankful that you were able to spread the word a little bit!