Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day in Review - Ok...Month in Review...

Is anyone out there?  I am here...silently sneaking in for a blog post. I finally have a bit of time where I am not working or watching "Glee"....though I may watch an episode tonight before bed.

I have been really fighting a cold too, which has made me really loopy. More so than most days anyway. I also feel some kind of weirdness in the air...almost like things aren't exactly as they seem. My Lifetime Horoscope suggests it may be because Neptune has entered Pisces and is bringing about change. It could also just be a haziness brought upon by Nyquil and Tylenol Cold & Sinus. When I am sick like this, though admittedly feeling much better than I have been, all I want to do is go to bed...which is weird since I am a self diagnosed insomniac.

Oh, by the way, if you are looking for one of my trademark funny posts, you probably won't get it today.  My mind is just kind of out of it. Neptune, Nyquil or maybe the writing  jobs I have had lately have just made my mind a little foggy. All I can think of is energy savings, Earth Day and weight loss, all little books or article I have written this week.

I went on a date last Monday. I had been talking to this guy for a few weeks. (If you are friends with me on Facebook, you know what happened.) Long story short, in typical Christa fashion, the date started with me at one bar and him on the other side of town at a bar with the same name. As it is hard to have a date at two different bars, I went to the other bar to meet him. I looked really good, was feeling confident and excited to meet this guy, since we had really clicked over the phone. Unfortunately this is not what happened in face to face interactions. The first real conversation we had after our greetings was about who he thinks women rely on men too much and men shouldn't be expected to pay for everything when they go out. This went on to a conversation about how he broke up with his ex-girlfriend because she has student loans.  He was very concerned about money and credit scores and the like. The date ended with me paying for my own drinks and him saying he will call later in the week and had a good time...no call...

I have two more guys on deck, so we'll see what happens.

As a side note, as I am writing this, I am laying on my couch watching "Snapped". There is a woman on there and since I am not really paying total attention to it, I just happened to glance over at the TV and without hearing anything about her or hearing her talk, I thought to myself...."I bet she's from Kentucky"....just based on how she looked...sure enough...Louisville.  I think it's because she looks like my freshman year roommate.  Bridgette...
I made a personal vow not to go to Kentucky due to Rand Paul being elected, but I may change my mind.

Back to post - I have been really into music these past two weeks too. I can't really pin point where it started but it's like I can't get enough. I never thought I would find someone who I felt sang as well or as soulfully as Alicia Keys, but Adele has got to come close. Seriously...watch her video for "Rolling in the Deep". It won't let me link to it but I dare you to watch it and not be affected by it...at the very least tapping your foot. The sword dancer in that video is brilliant and I can't stop watching it. It makes me want to learn to dance...

Speaking of dancing, I did lose a toenail last week as well. For some reason I jumped back on the Brittney train and have been listening to a lot of Brittney Spears. I have been a fan for years, but definitely go through stages. I will be the first to admit her music is highly produced and tuned, but girl can dance...well she used to be able to. I am getting off topic though...I was dancing...to "Toxic"...coordinating my own moves.  I thought it would be good exercise...unfortunately I got too close to the couch and bye-bye baby toe nail. Well, the toe nail didn't fall off then, it took a few days. Alas, it's gone.
Mom, do you think they are implants?  HER TEETH, PEOPLE!  We know her boobs are fake!

I have been scouring for new-to-me artists to listen to. Most I don't like...one of them fell into my lap randomly the other day and I loved her! Rachael Owens is her name.
She has a few videos up on her YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/RachaelOwens
I am looking forward to more. Check her out.

Is anyone else as pissed as I am that  Bristol Frickin Palin made a quarter million dollars last year preaching abstinence after she got knocked up in high school? Um...if you have a baby, obviously you were not abstinent!  Ugh...I said Palin, now I need a shot or something...maybe a double Nyquil dose....

1 comment:

Cletis said...

Glad to see you're alive. You do know I live in Kentucky, don't you? Still need to go over your story. Did you see Bristol's pay was 7 times greater than the bit that went to the charity she was promoting? There must be a duplicitous/skank gene in the family. Stay well, Cletis.