Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Updates...It's Time for an Announcement

I know...you have all missed me.  I have been extremely busy.  Working 14 hours a day is no fun and quite frankly, for the birds.

In my "free" time, I have been working behind the scenes on my blog. I have added two new sections. Though a computer genius likely would have been able to do this in a day, it took me several weeks of blood, sweat, tears and pleas to my friend from college Liz to help me. (Check out her AMAZING blog here: WomanlyWoman) Finally I have broken through with my remedial html/web design skills and figured out how to do what I wanted to do with this.

Though I will absolutely keep this blog up, I also have added two new sections to this blog. One is up and running, the other will be soon (after my vacation!).

If you look above, you will see two new tabs. One is called "The Flip Side", the other "Have You Heard This?". Both are dedicated to two of the loves of my life, poetry and music. "The Flip Side" is amateur poetry.  I only choose the most raw and thoughtful poetry I can find and I invite anyone reading this to submit things to me. You can even do it anonymously if you like by e-mailing here. (Just don't put your name!) If I like it, I will add it. I have gut wrenching poems, awesome quotes and micropoetry. Please read it. It is good for your soul. Let me know what you like and what you don't.

The second part of this new venture is known as "Have You Heard This?". In my real free time, I scour the internet for new music and I have found A LOT recently. I want to share with the world and feature some of these awesome bands that I have come across in my drunken stupors research. I promise, for any music lovers out there, it will be updated soon.

In the meantime, keep watching this space.  In two days I am off to Florida with "Todd", "Sarah" and "Granny"...it is sure to be a good time and I will surely be live blogging our adventures, including the two day drive in the Caddy...If you want to be notified when I post, please add your e-mail address on the right side of the screen.

For those of you who want a quick update, Chloe is great, getting ready to stay with her Aunt Donna while I am out of town. I have given up on love, so dating stories may be few and far between in the future. (Though I still want to have children, so perhaps I will share the plan my mom and I came up with.)  I finally have the beginnings of a novel going, which if your remember, was my New Year's Resolution. I am still following my favorite soap opera (AKA the politics of the US.  All of you Republicans are fascinating me with your mixed up musings. Santorum?  Really?) and have been sleeping better the past 2 weeks. (Yes, my insomnia cycle is over...for now)

For now, please read some poetry...comment...it will mean the world to those who have poured their souls into these pieces. Like I said above, it is good for your soul.

I will be back soon...Florida in three days!


No comments: