Monday, February 6, 2012

Day in Review - Mother/Daughter Bonding with "Sarah"

What started out as a group outing on Friday night turned into a fun and exciting mother/daughter bonding weekend with "Sarah". I know what you are thinking...how could I possibly top the fun I have on a normal weekend when I sit on my ass doing nothing but working and talking to Chloe. (For the record, my weekends have gotten much more enjoyable now that I have stopped writing the Plantar Fasciitis articles I worked on for six months...on a side note, if anyone has a problem with Plantar Fasciitis I have 400 articles that may be of assistance)

"Sarah" and I, along with my sister and cousin Niki had planned to go see a tarot card reader named Reverend Elizabeth. Yes, she is a real reverend and yes, she was freakin' awesome. I know there are certainly varied opinions when it comes to tarot cards and "seers" in general, but since I am a liberal and don't tell people what is "right" or "wrong" when it comes to belief's, if you don't want to read about it, I won't be offended. I also understand that some people will say it is "pish posh" and simply a waste of time and you just don't believe it. That is fine too. I certainly understand your side as well. What I will say is I have done this before with amazing results that actually happened and I was willing to do it again. Long story short, my sister bailed and Niki had a sick kid, so it ended up being my mom and I.

She had never done one of these things before and though she was nervous, she did it anyway. I made her go first so she couldn't run away, in fact. I tried to listen in on the conversation, but I could only hear certain things. We were at a coffee shop and there were people talking...coffee machines making foam and I was momentarily distracted by a few text messages and the latest issue of In Style.

I did hear her talking about my mom's work a lot.  I also heard her say something about Florida. My ears really perked up when Rev. Elizabeth started talking about my mom's Scorpio daughter. (You may know her as me) I heard some phrases like "really successful" "good things happening", "a lot of good things". Before I knew it, my mom was done and it was my turn.

Making it as short as possible, this tarot card reading started with me shuffling the cards. She laid them out and started talking. There were several times I had to catch my breath and one time where my hand went to my mouth in an "OMG" experience. Some of the highlights were I need more focus on my creative writing, I am going through a bit of a crap period but things will lighten up at the end of February. I will have a relationship with another Scorpio, but it is not true love, I will make a move, travel a lot and that the news and news journalism will be very significant to the future. This came up several times, in fact, throughout the entire reading. She also talked a lot about my personality and how I have so much Scorpio in me that other people just don't understand me very well. I know what I want (I do), I do what I want to do (I do) and there is someone out there for me, but it will be very surprising that we get together. There was more, of course, but it's private. :)  After the reading, we went to dinner, had a margarita, then went home and drank a bottle of wine.

Saturday was Amish country. For those of you who have never been, it is a fascinating thing. Driving around the area, you almost feel out of place. You really need to pay attention when driving so you don't get too close to the horse and buggy that is probably on the side of the road and walking around, you need to make sure not to step in a pile of horse shit...literally. It really is kind of like stepping back in time and it is difficult not to stare and take it all in.

"Sarah" and her new friend


There are two things that the Amish do really well...they make good cheese and make great bread. I ate a lot of cheese, drank more wine, almost stepped in horse poop a few times and bought a lot of tea. One of my favorite things about Amish country is all of the natural remedies they have for whatever ails you.  I am one of those people who is much more likely to choose eastern medicine or home remedies over medications. We are an over medicated society I have found that I can heal just as fast using natural remedies when sick, if not faster, than those who take antibiotics at the first sign of a sniffle. This weekend I was on a tea kick...I bought 4 different kinds. I have tried one of them, the sassafras tea...there are actual twigs in the tea. It was SO good. It has 0.8 calories per cup and was absolutely delicious.

I am starting a high protein, low carb diet tomorrow morning, so this could be the perfect thing. I also bought some Chinese diet tea made out of things I cannot pronounce nor spell here since they are Chinese characters. I also got some rooibos and chamomile.

Wish me luck.  No more wine for awhile...sad days...I don't know how I am possibly going to write creatively without being half drunk...just kidding! Who wants to be my muse? I am accepting applications as of right now.

By the way, new Absolutely Fabulous tonight! 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love tea also. I'm willing to try almost any kind. The one with the twigs sounds fascinating. I also agree about trying eastern medicine over just trying a pill first. Speaking of sniffles, I've heard elderberry really helps with colds.

Cletis said...

You do know, of course, that I am a Scorpio. Although these days, I'm less Scorp and more O as in, "O, my aching back." or "O, I'm tired."

Cletis said...

You do know, of course, that I am a Scorpio. Although these days, I'm less Scorp and more O as in, "O, my aching back." or "O, I'm tired."