Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day in Review - The Day After Halloween

Happy Halloween...it is NOT freakin' Christmas yet
It is November 1st...this is apparently the day that the holiday season officially begins.  Pardon me, I thought I still had some time.  I heard my first holiday song today..."Winter Wonderland"...on an indie internet radio station of all places. It is too early.  The day after Halloween should be spent fending off a candy handover and thinking about all of the Saints while you try to decide if you should eat a Snickers or Kit-Kat bar. (we all know you will eat both)  

Maybe I am a Scrooge, but I will not participate in holiday merrymaking on November 1st. I will also not mention any Lohan's or Kardashian's because I don't think they matter to our world. It saddens me that legitimate news channels are focused on these two.  I know...its ratings and money...I get it, I just wish it wasn't like that.  I appreciate entertainment news...I'll be honest, I like entertainment news. I get all of the entertainment news I need from TMZ, People.com and from Lisa France on CNN.com. All of them do an amazing job at entertainment news.  I just don't think that any Lohan or Kardashian should be one of the top news stories in the first 3 minutes of a newscast. I could get on my soapbox about this because I seriously have no idea what contribution any Lohan or Kardashian brings to to my life but I won't, because there are some funny things I have discovered over the past few days.

Let's talk about one of my least favorite people...actually we will eventually talk about two of my least favorite people, but first lets focus on Harold Camping...you know this hottie....he is the guy who has predicted the end of the world three times (and been unsuccessful I may add)  He announced today that he is retiring. He also apologized for being wrong about predicting  the end of the world.


DUH!!!!


So on to my other favorite person, who I have not spoken about very often recently as she is just...well...not important?  It isn't like she was really important before, but she was more noticeable in the world I guess.  If you haven't guessed, I am speaking of Sarah Palin and I stumbled upon this photo randomly and just had to share...

It is not in my nature to ignore this...

If you cannot read what this picture says, this is honest to goodness Sarah Palin toilet paper. Not only is it Sarah Palin toilet paper, it is Sarah Palin toilet paper that isn't even worth $1.99...it is now on sale for 99 cents a roll. If this doesn't make me happy, not a lot will.

Speaking of happiness, I have been a bit "blah" recently.  I need to find some happiness I think.  I guess it's just that time of year.  I needed an attitude adjustment so I did do something that was not only unexpected but quite private.  I let it all go and that is all I will say on the subject. I feel better and I am anticipating good things.

One of the things I figured out when I was trying to find some happiness this week was that today, November 1st, 2011 is my 9 month anniversary of being tobacco free. There has not been a cigarette in my mouth since February 1st.  That is a happy thing, right?

Another happy thing I want to share is that I am estimating, by the end of this week, this blog...yes...my little blog, will hit 10,000 views.  TEN FREAKIN THOUSAND.  That is a huge deal for me.  I remember when it hit 1,000 and now it is up to 10,000.  I wonder if I should send that information to the guy from the last post who said no one ever reads this...MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

If anyone is wondering, I have given up on love, so I haven't been on any dates. I did watch a television show about a woman who is in love with and wanted to marry the Berlin Wall, so I am looking into that lifestyle.  I think the Terminal Tower is single and last I heard, Severance Hall just went through a bad break up so I may swing by both places and see if there is any interest.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 9 months smoke free!!! That is an incredible accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself & give yourself a reward!!!!

Also Congratulations on 10k hits! That's incredible! SOMEBODY is reading this blog! Prolly that crazy guy who wanted to kiss you. LOL!

And in my opinion, I think your taking the correct attitude about love/dating (whatever u want to call it). Don't try too hard. Enjoy your life, you are fabulous! Just have fun being young and free - the world is your oyster! You have great friends and family (including ur puppy!) You have food & shelter and more. Be happy!

Keep writing your blog. Don't let the serious work interfere with the things you love to do!

Confessionista said...

Thank you so much for you comments Anonymous and thanks for the advice!

Cletis said...

How about a stint in the Peace Corps? Get you in great shape and what an ambassador you would be.

Cletis said...

By the way, you are a hoot.

Confessionista said...

Oh Cletis...I have thrown the Peace Corps thing around for years...there are two things that stop me...Chloe, my dog and I have too many bills to pay. In this country when you are unemployed for almost two years you owe a lot of taxes. Yes...I was floored when I got that $1500 bill from the IRS...then the next year, another one. I just think that there is something different for me...Peace Corps has always been in the back of the mind, but I tend to go with the philosophy of you are where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there...I am feeling the itch, however...to move...