Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day in Review - Updates and What the Future Holds

Ella Grace is here.  Congratulations to my cousin Jason and his wife Katie. I wanted Ella to be the first thing I wrote about tonight since it is her birthday. She is a beautiful baby and I can't wait to meet her in person.

The last time I wrote I was dealing with a barking dog and talking music.  I am currently listening to the Adele version of "Lovesong" and thinking about how I could die and be happy if I was listening to this on my deathbed. I hate to wish death on anyone or anything actually.  However, when you have listened to a dog bark for hours on end in the same three syllables, I will admit, I wanted to KILL the owner for putting the dog through that.  As much as I want to get rid of the dog and as wonderful as it would be to get a bit of silence as I work, I know, deep down, it is not the dog's fault. The fault lies with the bastard who owns that dog.



I love dogs, I do...for real...I mean, I let a dog sleep in my bed with me every night...that should be proof enough that I love dogs. I feel bad for this dog...but it is making me go insane...slowly...painfully....utterly....insane. I lose all concentration (bark, bark, bark) and I can't concentrate on my (bark, bark, bark) work. I feel bad because I write for (bark, bark, bark) a living and sometimes really need to focus on what (bark, bark, bark) I am doing. I would hate to (bark, bark, bark) turn in a bad article or assignment because (bark, bark, bark) of this damn dog (bark, bark, bark).

Luckily the dog is moving...this weekend, in fact.  . Finally I will be free, but I am unsure that I will regain my sanity. You see, each time this dog barked I lost a bit of my sanity...I almost feel like Britney Spears when she went through her head shaving phase. I don't think I will do something really crazy and shave my head or become a conservative, but I cannot be certain that I won't do something else a little crazy...

I have been so busy with work lately but I have been able to work on my Festivus post as well as get a few snippets done for a possible novel.  I seriously have about 15 novels going right now. (Slight exaggeration...more like three)  My New Year's resolution is going to be to focus on ONE of them and stick to it. Is it bad luck to announce your resolution before the actual New Year? (Let me know if it is and I will erase this section) See...I have the funny one that is a reflection of my dating life...then I have to total fictional one that is based on real people that I know (Yes, if you are reading this, one of the characters could be you) then I have the one with the historical perspective that I love so much but only nerds will read it. (On a side note, I don't actually think I am nerdy enough to write it). My dream is to write novels...like Jodi Piccoult. I hope 2012 leads me deeper into that world. (PS...my letter to 2011 will be coming in about 2 weeks! It will be pretty awesome!)


OK...I cannot stop listening to Adele....don't judge me, I have a slight obsession at the moment.  I go through stages with music where I listen to artists over and over again. The good thing about me and music is that once I like it, I like it forever. Adele, Rachael Owens, The Decemberists, Florence Welch...all that I mentioned in the last blog post...I will likely be a fan forever...even when it is not "cool" to do so. I can still sing every word to "Please Don't Go Girl", "Spice Up Your Life" and "That's Why They Call It The Blues" and "Hot Cross Buns". I feel like these people are my friends. (This may be the dog bark insanity speaking) I am actually concerned at this very moment because Rachael Owens hasn't posted to Twitter recently. I notice these things...

Read this...an excerpt from a story I wrote...it could go places...or it could suck.  It is an interview of one character about another...

"The rope was cutting tight on her wrists. I could see her breathing deep, the girl with the blue eyes.  She was focusing on something unknown like she was bearing a child. Her hair was like no color I could imagine, but her eyes...they were very blue. I didn’t know why she was here in the prison, but from the looks of her, she was almost ready to collapse.  She was standing, but obviously weary.  She had blood on her face.  Her hair looked like string. She was European or American based on her features. It was like she was determined to show no pain. Her teeth were clenched and her eyes were shut like a vice. At intervals she would open them and look ahead.  She only kept them open long enough for tears to begin forming. At that point she would close them.  When I saw that, I knew she was strong.  I wondered why she was in prison since she had a very innocent look to her face.  She looked like a cherub in the books I had seen in my father’s library of western religion. I saw one tear fall from her eyes and I knew it was a tear for her beloved.  It was so touching that I wanted to hold her, but I knew I couldn’t.  I knew I had to take the rope and lead her to prison.”

Still to come...my airing of grievances, my letter to 2011 and the answer to the questions..."What is this new blog she keeps talking about?"

3 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

Girl, you could write anything, I do believe. You are extremely readable. I hope you get a novel published so I can read it.

I have my own obsessions about music and particular songs. I play them 'til they're replaced with a new obsession.

Billy Collins has a great poem called "Another Reason Why I Don't Keep a Gun in the House." Barking dogs and all....

Confessionista said...

Teresa, thank you so much for your kind words!

Cletis said...

You kill me! The tone you affect is just right.

We had a great dog, who had to be on steroids, who barked, non stop, at the wall for three years. After he passed away, I had an alibi, I still heard the bark for seven months, twenty-six days, 5 hours, and eighteen seconds.