Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day in Review - Online Dating Disasters and Me

Let's talk about dating sites again and my quest for the perfect partner for my personal persona.

This one almost had me at hello...until I decided I couldn't date someone who was Kermit the Frog's doppelganger.

Sorry, but I am not Miss Piggy...

 "So my goal is to give you something very happy to blog about - finding a guy who meets your desires! Seriously though I think we do have a lot in common - politically I am liberal, I adore animals, I've traveled quite a bit, I'm very well educated, would like to have kids, yadda yadda yadda!"


As he has asked...I am blogging about it. Guys...seriously.  I am not particularly shallow...I don't think.  Honestly, I never really thought I was that picky when it comes to looks.  I am not looking for Brad Pitt here...just a decent looking guy!  I am a decent looking girl.  No, I am not a 10...but let's be real...I don't think I am matched with a guy who is a 2 - 2.5! When you look at couples, their attractiveness scale is usually pretty similar...(unless the guy has millions)  I have dated plenty of decent looking guys. I know they are out there. I see them all the time.

Looks are not everything.  Looks fade.

In a relationship though, shouldn't there be at least a little bit of physical attraction????  Shouldn't you be with someone who is at least partially good looking to your eyes? I dated a guy last year...we'll call him "Dave".  He was not attractive to me at all.  Nice guy, but seriously...I didn't even want to touch him...he would try to kiss me and I would have to think of someone else....no joke. He was at my place watching a movie and laying on my bed on my "guest pillow".  It was grossing me out that he was even laying on my bed. As soon as he left, I put clean sheets on. I was trying SO hard to make myself like him, but I couldn't. My mom kept telling me to give these relationships time, but if I can't even stomach someone laying on my bed, I don't think I should be dating him.

I even tried to test myself by going through people I knew...would I be grossed out if Harry was laying on my bed? No. Would I be grossed out if Charlie was laying on my bed? No.  Would I be grossed out if Alexis was laying on my bed? Nope. Would I be grossed out if Abby was laying on my bed? No...and so on...

My big point is....with this "blog about me" guy...I don't even want to look at his picture...thinking about him even sitting on my sofa is a little nasty. Why would I write him back?

Maybe I am a little shallow???  I just want a guy who is normal looking!  That's it!  No Kermit the Frog/Quasimodo/Rosie O'Donnell in Reverse Drag...What do you think?  Let me know.

I will say though...over the past few days....I may be developing a crush on someone....will let you know if I decide to do anything about it...

2 comments:

Cletis said...

Good to see you back. I have your edit ready and will try again to get it to you this weekend. I was thinking of reprinting your infamous penis post as a creative non-fiction piece. What do you think?

Hater said...

Wait, you actually have "work" published? How is that?

I said before...you should stick with Kermit. You look like Miss Piggy. I see the resemblance.