Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The 50 Sexiest Women and Me.

Interested in seeing what Google would spit back at me so I could get inspired to write something serious tonight, I just did a search on "latest news on women". I was expecting something about "The Pill", Equal Pay or a new women's health initiative. The number one result? "The Top 50 Sexiest Women". Really Google? Is the the most important news about women today? I don't see that the "Top 50 Sexiest Women" is really more important than equal salaries for men and women, but perhaps that's just me. Let's talk about it for a moment.

I am going to talk about the sexiness of other women. Guys that read this blog, don't get too excited thinking I am going to reveal a lesbian fantasy or talk about some long ago drunken night back in college. It's not happening tonight. As a woman, I really think I can appreciate the sexiness of other women. I am confident enough in my own sexuality that I can say "Wow, That woman is very pretty." or "She is gorgeous!" and not mean I want to jump in the sack with a woman. I can really say that I appreciate another woman's beauty like a work of art. I understand why men may think it is cliche, but its true. If I look at a piece of art, I am certainly not attracted to that art, but I may stare and study it, memorizing the strokes of the brush or the color contrasts on the canvas. It is simply appreciating beauty and I am sure many women do this. Actually, I wouldn't even say I am comparing myself to other women, just appreciating her physique or looks. I admit I do it with men as well, but my mind tends to wander to the dark side if you know what I mean.

Back to Google's search results..."The 50 Sexiest Women". I won't say which list I am looking at, as their seems to be 100's of "sexiest women" lists, but I just don't see it! The women on the list are not my definition of sexy in any way. Perhaps it is my female mind looking at them versus the male mind, but really, a nice rack and round ass don't denote sexy to me, which made me think, what is sexy then? Can we come up with a unisex definition of sexiness? I don't know if it's possible.

Women are all sexy in their own ways. What makes you sexy, ladies? Come on! Pick one thing that you feel is sexy about yourself. For me? I say it is my eyes. I can totally manipulate situations with my eyes. Don't pick a part your man would say is sexy. Don't choose your boobs or your legs, find something else. A fingernail? Your ear? What about the elbow? No...not the elbow. Elbows can be gross to me. What about your hand? Looking at my hands on my laptop right now in the dim light of my apartment, I am thinking "Yeah! My hand looks gooooood!" Actually, I do feel better about myself right now after I had that thought. Is that the key to self-esteem? Find something sexy? Try it! You may feel the same way and we can all use a dose of self esteem at times. My hand is sexy! Is yours? What about your curves? I think curvy women are really sexy. Embrace those curves. Men I talk to actually love curves, which is why I am perplexed about the skinny-ness/curve-less women on the "Top 50 Sexiest Women" list.

Let's do ourselves a favor tonight. Ladies, here is your homework. Find something sexy about yourself tonight. Tomorrow, celebrate that sexiness. Men? Your homework is to find something sexy about your lady and complement her on it tomorrow. You may even "get some" if you play your cards right! No excuses. You are all gorgeous, beautiful women, you just need to find it and prove it to yourself. You are like a great piece of art, a sculpture made with care and a beautiful flower in a magical garden. Try saying that to yourself tomorrow. I guarantee you will feel great about yourself. I feel great about all of you!

No comments: